Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fun Day with Momma!

The day we went it was pretty chilly so I told her "Rayna...do not get in the water." You can see she went as close as she could, without getting in, and it was KILLING her I think! She loves to splash in the water! hahaha!


I wasn't sure what she was saying all across this balance beam, but she talked from one end to the other! It was so funny!



WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!










She kept saying, "nice goat...nice goat!" hahaha!


Finally we come to face to face with our friend "momma"!

This peacock was just strolling around as we were visiting. It was so strange to be so close to it! haha!



Every year we've taken a picture by this same butterfly. She could not waste much exploration time by posing, so we might have to do a "redo" sometime this summer! But I am excited to go back and look at how much she has changed from year to year! I'll have to post that sometime!



Throughout my maternity leave I have been doing a "switcheroo" with "Grammy" and having her watch Maycee vs. Rayna for the day. I wanted to make sure that my maternity leave also focused on helping Rayna adjust to life with a new baby, and wanted to make sure that she still feels special! On our first "fun day" a while ago we crammed the day FULL of her favorites! We started off the day by visiting the "llama" who had been "sleeping" for the winter! For those of you that know Rayna, you know she is OBSESSED with the zoo animals, especially the llama (who she calls "mamma"). After we visited the zoo we played on the playground for a bit! It was so fun to see how much more brave she is this year compared to last year! There was NOT a slide she did not go down and she scaled nets...walked across balance beams...swung forever on her favorite swing and just ran wild!! It's so fun to watch her in her "fun element!" She narated every move for me - she is talking SOOO much more these days! After we finally left the playground we had lunch at the "choo choo" pizza (aka Pizza King) and then had milkshakes together! Our day ended at her favorite spot in the mall "the owl" (aka the playground at the mall) and we rode the Merry Go Round 2x!! I think this year she will have NO FEAR riding the Merry Go Round at Indiana Beach and the fair!! I can hardly believe in 2 months she will be 3! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE??????? I just love every day, every moment that I get to spend with her and enjoy her! What a blessing she truly is (and her sister is as well!) How did I get so lucky? :)

No comments: